Sunday, October 10, 2010

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT to be Made by Principal on Math Night!

As the principal, I have a huge announcement.  It will have an impact every day on every student for the rest of the year.  This BIG CHANGE will impact the freedoms that I have been offering Emerson students for the past 8 years. 

I will make the announcement after the dinner (which starts at 5:30); after students sing (they start singing at 6:00); but before the BMX stunt show (6:30); and just before the  parents leave to go to the Math Night classes.  I apologize in advance for leaving you hanging like this, but I want to make this BIG ANNOUNCEMENT  for the first time in front of the teachers, the students and the parents as well. 

We all have to make important choices.  I hope that you will respect this BIG CHANGE that's coming-and it will probably be good for the school in the long run. 

1 comment:

  1. Just in case you missed the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT and you are curious to know more...
    For the past 8 years, I have signed off of my morning announcements by saying "Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours!" I have become increasingly convinced that we simply can't give children the option to make some poor choices. We can't allow children to choose to fail. So I have adjusted my sign off to something admittedly less catchy, but something that communicates that failure is not an option at Emerson.

    ReplyDelete