Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Morning Announcements

Dream, Believe, Achieve!

Today is Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Question of the Day
Before I ask you this question, please remember that you have to answer every question throughout the day with a complete sentence response.  Don't forget to include your subject- which in this question will probably be either "I" or "we." Please plan to ask your friends this question also and listen to their complete sentence response.
What's going on with you today?
(Here is a sample response: I have 3 very important things going on today.  They are....)


Engagement Requirements:
For the past few days, I've explained that students have to be actively learning all day when you are in class.  One way that you can check yourself to see if you are fully engaged in learning is to see what your eyes, hands and even your feet are doing during learning time.  Instead of telling you a list of things like "don't play with stuff in your desk" I want you to think about these questions:
Are my eyes looking where my teacher wants them to be looking?
Are my hands doing exactly what my teacher wants me to do with them?
Are my feet in the right place?
Is my mouth saying what it is supposed to say and being quiet when it is supposed to be quiet?
Lunch and Attendance:
For lunch, you have two choices, the Farm Fresh Salad Bar, or the hot lunch. Today the hot lunch is:
Fiesta Cheese Nachos
Fresh Broccoli
Fresh Fruit
If you would like to have a hot lunch, please raise your hand.

Pledge:
Please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance!
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

High Expectations:
There's no choice, achieving your personal best is required every day at Emerson!



No comments:

Post a Comment